The Renault group took a 26.1% share of the PC + LCV market, up 1.4 point on January 2012. Dacia became the number-five brand.
- In a market down 13.9% – to its lowest level since 1997 – the Renault group limited the sales contraction to -9.2% year on year and posted a 26.1% share of the PC + LCV market, up 1.4 point.
- The Group took a 24.3% share of the PC market, up 2 points on January 2012. Renault continued to lead the French market with an 18.2% share. Dacia ranked fifth with a 6.1% share.
- New Renault Clio and New Dacia Sandero ranked first and fourth, respectively, in sales to consumers.
- The Renault brand remained the LCV market leader with a 32.3% share.
- In a market down 15%, Renault reported a market share of 18.2%, up 0.6 point on January 2012.
- At end-January, Twingo, Mégane and Scénic ranked number one in their respective segments.
- New Clio, the number-one vehicle in consumer sales in January, ranked second in its segment, with very satisfactory order levels. This performance has been achieved ahead of the full impact of the range renewal, set for completion in March with the Estate and Renault Sport versions.
- With a 9.9% rise in sales, the Dacia brand took a 6.1% share of the market, ranking fifth in the PC market.
- New Sandero, launched in late November, was the number-four vehicle in consumer sales. It already ranks fifth in its segment, reinforcing the brand’s sales performance.
- In a market that contracted 9.1%, Renault remained the LCV leader. The Renault brand posted a market share of 32.3%, accounting for nearly one in three light commercial vehicle registrations. The Renault group took a 33.3% share of the market, down 2.1 points on the particularly strong month of January 2012.
- Kangoo Express – the best-selling LCV in France – along with Trafic and Master are the top-ranking vehicles in their respective segments.
Commenting, Bernard Cambier, Senior Vice President, Market Area France, said: “In the gloomy market environment, we are satisfied with our results in January, which, as we announced, signal the start of our recovery”.
|January 2013||SALES||YOY change (%)||% MS|
|RENAULT GROUP PC+LCV||40,331||-9.2%||26.1%|
|RENAULT GROUP PC||30,425||-7.4%||24.4%|
|RENAULT GROUP LCV||9,906||-14.5%||33.3%|
|RENAULT BRAND PC||22,802||-12.0%||18.3%|
|RENAULT BRAND LCV||9,592||-14.0%||32.3%|
|DACIA BRAND PC||7,623||9.9%||6.1%|
|DACIA BRAND LCV||314||-27.1%||1.1%|