Within the framework of the reintroduction of the Alpine brand, and in accordance with the wish expressed by Renault’s Chief Operating Officer Carlos Tavares following last November’s announcement of the founding of Société des Automobiles Alpine Caterham, the decision has been taken to create an advisory board (to be known as the ‘Alpine Advisory Board’) which will come under his authority.
The board’s mission will be to advise and assist the senior management of both Renault and Société des Automobiles Alpine Caterham on matters regarding the brand’s positioning and to monitor the evolution of the brand’s upcoming model from its initial design until its launch.
The members of this advisory board have been selected as a function of their respective areas of expertise, personal knowledge and involvement in the history of the brand and its products.
The members of the Alpine Advisory Board are:
- Jean-Charles Rédelé (Renault dealer and son of the brand’s founder, Jean Rédelé)
- Jacques Cheinisse (former sales manager and sporting director of Alpine)
- Jean-Pierre Limondin (former Alpine engineer with special responsibility for the production of Alpine cars under licence)
- Alain Serpaggi (former rally driver and former Alpine test driver)
- Bernard Darniche (one of the Alpine rally team’s famous ‘musketeers’ who helped Alpine win the inaugural World Rally Championship for Manufacturers in 1973)
- Michèle Mouton (Alpine rally driver from 1974 until 1977)
- Hervé Charbonneaux (collector of Alpines and driver of the brand’s cars in Historic races)
- Olivier Lamirault (Renault dealer in Chartres, France, and heavily involved in the marketing of the Alpine adventure as a former Alpine, and a regular driver of Alpines in Historic races)
- Chris Vissher (Renault dealer and Alpine and Renault Sport specialist in Rotterdam, Netherlands)
- Tom Mautner (former Renault and Alpine dealer and collector, Great Britain)
From Renault, the following will also sit on the advisory board in addition to Carlos Tavares:
- Philippe Klein (Executive Vice President, Corporate Planning, Product Planning & Programmes)
- Christian Pouillaude (Brand Director, Renault)
- Bernard Ollivier (CEO, Société des Automobiles Alpine Caterham)
- Jean-Jacques Delaruwière (representing Renault Communications, and responsible for the advisory board’s administration).
In principle, the board will meet twice a year and the first meeting will be held in a few weeks’ time.